Malvern Road, Malvern East, VIC
Recently a high quality mixed-use development comprising commercial office space,apartments and an underground car park was built in the upmarket residential area of Malvern East, Melbourne. The building harmonises with the traditional buildings in the area with design features including fine sandstone pillars, an entry colonnade with deep reveal windows and planter boxes on bluestone paving.
Project Design Brief
Level four of the building consists of a deck area with planter boxes. Designers wanted a bespoke, high quality, compact and visually discreet drainage system that would quickly and efficiently remove the surface water for pedestrian safety during wet weather.
- BalconyDrain BD01 custom-made Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates
- BD01 channel system has a 20mm overall depth enabling it to be positioned in thescreed above the water proof membrane
- Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates provide slip resistance, meeting the designer’s safety requirements
- BalconyDrain provides flexibility as the outlets can be positioned where the pipeworkis located in the slab
- Stainless steel grates harmonise with the bluestone paving and contrast with the dark coloured planter boxes
- ACO’s custom design service produces channels and grates to the designers exact dimensions, providing a high quality end product