Saint Georges Road, Toorak, VIC
The Stamaulis mansion located in the exclusive, upmarket suburb of Toorak, south-east of Melbourne’s CBD, is currently Australia’s largest residence and has taken the high‑end tradesmen from Krongold Constructions three years to build, at an estimated cost of $70M.
Project Design Brief
Waterproofing and the installation of balcony drains was required to ensure the protection of the extravagant and expensive furnishings, fittings and decor in the living areas leading onto the balconies and the living areas situated below the balconies. The balcony slabs were laid with a slight gradient falling away from the doors opening onto the balcony and an aesthetically pleasing, practical and safe balcony drainage system was required.
- BalconyDrain with Flange (BD02)
- Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates
- BD02 is a stainless steel channel with a vertical and a horizontal waterproof membrane provision. The BalconyDrain’s tile up-stand and extended edge, enable the wall and slab membranes to easily bond to the channel body, ensuring a watertight joint, reducing reliance on sealants
- The 40mm channel depth captures high volumes of water, suitable for large balcony areas
- The Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates provide slip resistance and is safe for high heels